The 2012-13 NFL season concluded on Sunday with two former Florida Gators football players squaring off in Super Bowl XLVII.
Baltimore defeated San Francisco 34-31 to win the second Super Bowl title in franchise history.
For the third-straight year, OGGOA has checked and re-checked the box scores to bring you a summary of what all of these Gators accomplished during the final week of the 2012-13 season.
DE RAY MCDONALD, San Francisco 49ers: Three tackles (two solo, one for loss), sack, QB hit
WR DEONTE THOMPSON*, Baltimore Ravens: Inactive
SUPER BOWL XLVII NOTES
– Thompson joins Dallas Baker, Jeff Mitchell and Justin Trattou as the only four players in Gators history to win an SEC Championship, national title and Super Bowl ring.
– It is the 11th consecutive year that a former Florida player has been on a roster of a Super Bowl team and the fourth time in the last five that one has won a Super Bowl ring.
– Former Gators defensive coordinator Teryl Austin also won a ring as Baltimore’s defensive backs coach.
– Overall, Florida has 23 total Super Bowl rings won by 16 different players over 17 separate Super Bowls.
– Emmitt Smith (3), Godfrey Myles (3), Don Chandler (2), Wilber Marshall (2) and Max Starks (2) are the only players with multiple rings.
– It was the eighth time in the last 14 years that the Gators had a player on both teams.
Fantastic bonus footage from Cleveland Brown cornerback Joe Haden‘s shoot for one of the NFL Super Bowl commercials. Check out the original commercial.