With the 2010-11 NFL regular season having come to a close, a number of Florida Gators participated in Week 17 action, some of whom had an impact on their team’s performance.OGGOA has checked and re-checked the box scores to bring you a summary of what these Gators accomplished during the final week of the regular season.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
DE CARLOS DUNLAP, Cincinnati Bengals: Four tackles (two solo, one for loss), 1.5 sacks, two QB hits, fumble recovery, Gator Chomp
WR ANDRE CALDWELL, Cincinnati Bengals: Seven receptions for 94 yards (targets: 11, long: 39)
S REGGIE NELSON, Cincinnati Bengals: Four solo tackles, two passes defended, interception (56-yard return)
QB TIM TEBOW, Denver Broncos: 16/36 for 205 yards, two touchdowns, two interceptions (QB rating: 58.2); 13 carries for 94 yards; touchdown (long: 30)
DL JEREMY MINCEY, Jacksonville Jaguars: Eight tackles (five solo, two for loss)
WR PERCY HARVIN, Minnesota Vikings: Eight receptions for 69 yards [team-highs] (targets: 14, long: 20); two rushes for -4 yards
DE ALEX BROWN, New Orleans Saints: Three solo tackles, sack, forced fumble
LB MIKE PETERSON, Atlanta Falcons: Solo tackle (for loss), fumble recovery
CB KEIWAN RATLIFF, Cincinnati Bengals: Two solo tackles
CB JOE HADEN, Cleveland Browns: Six solo tackles, pass defended
WR JABAR GAFFNEY, Denver Broncos: Rec. for 12 yards (targets: 3), solo tackle
DE DERRICK HARVEY, Jacksonville Jaguars: Solo tackle
LB CHANNING CROWDER, Miami Dolphins: Four solo tackles
CB LITO SHEPPARD, Minnesota Vikings: Three tackles (two solo)
RB FRED TAYLOR, New England Patriots: 10 carries for 35 yards
DT GERARD WARREN, New England Patriots: Two tackles (one solo)
DE JARVIS MOSS, Oakland Raiders: Three tackles, three QB hits, sack
WR LOUIS MURPHY, Oakland Raiders: Two receptions for 29 yards (targets: 4)
WR RILEY COOPER, Philadelphia Eagles: Reception for five yards (targets: 4)
FB BILLY LATSKO, San Diego Chargers: Solo tackle
LB BRANDON SILER, San Diego Chargers: Four solo tackles
QB REX GROSSMAN, Washington Redskins: 26/44 for 336 yards, two touchdowns, interception (QB rating: 88.8); carry for two yards; two fumbles lost
OFFENSIVE LINEMEN — NO STATISTICS / DID NOT PLAY
C Maurkice Pouncey (Pittsburgh Steelers), G Cooper Carlisle (Raiders) – WR David Nelson (Buffalo Bills), S Major Wright (Chicago Bears), DT Marcus Thomas (Broncos), DE Ray McDonald (San Francisco 49ers), FB Earnest Graham (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
LB Andra Davis (Bills); LB Jermaine Cunningham, TE Aaron Hernandez, LB Brandon Spikes (Patriots); LT Max Starks (Steelers); RB DeShawn Wynn (49ers)
– Tebow started his third consecutive game for Denver but posted his worst QB rating even though he scored three touchdowns.
– After being held without a reception in eight of Cincinnati’s first 13 games (due to his spot on the depth chart), Caldwell has posted 89, 87 and 94 yards, respectively, in the last three games.
– Dunlap has registered at least a partial sack in seven of his last eight games. He has now earned 9.5 over the course of his rookie season.
– Latsko was signed as a free agent this week and registered his first – and only – playing time of the season.
– In one play during the Denver-San Diego game, Tebow completed a pass to Gaffney who was tackled by Siler. Siler also got some good shots on Tebow during the contest.
– Injuries: Pouncey suffered a neck stinger during the Steelers game, and Thomas left the Broncos game with a right groin injury and did not return.
– Wynn was released by the 49ers and signed by the Saints on Monday.
OGGOA RELATED: Week 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16