With the 2010-11 NFL season still in full swing, a number of Florida Gators participated in Week 16 action, some of whom had an impact on their team’s performance.OGGOA has checked and re-checked the box scores to bring you a summary of what these Gators accomplished during the second-to-last week of the season.
PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
QB TIM TEBOW, Denver Broncos: 16/29 for 308 yards, touchdown, interception (QB rating: 89.4); 10 carries for 27 yards, touchdown (long: 11) [Video highlights]
CB JOE HADEN, Cleveland Browns: Five solo tackles, sack, INT, forced fumble
WR ANDRE CALDWELL, Cincinnati Bengals: Four receptions for 87 yards (long: 44)
DL JEREMY MINCEY, Jacksonville Jaguars: Three tackles (two solo), pass defended
WR PERCY HARVIN, Minnesota Vikings: Seven receptions for 100 yards [team-highs] (targets: 8, long: 46); two rushes for six yards
DE ALEX BROWN, New Orleans Saints: Three solo tackles, pass defended
LB MIKE PETERSON, Atlanta Falcons: Four tackles (three solo)
WR DAVID NELSON, Buffalo Bills: Target
S MAJOR WRIGHT, Chicago Bears: Four solo tackles
DE CARLOS DUNLAP, Cincinnati Bengals: Two tackles (one solo), sack, two QB hits
S REGGIE NELSON, Cin. Bengals: Eight tackles [team-high] (three solo), pass def.
CB KEIWAN RATLIFF, Cincinnati Bengals: Eight tackles [team-high] (three solo)
WR JABAR GAFFNEY, Denver Broncos: Four rec. for 90 yards (targets: 7, long: 50)
DE DERRICK HARVEY, Jacksonville Jaguars: Solo tackle (for loss)
LB CHANNING CROWDER, Miami Dolphins: Four tackles (three solo), pass defended
CB LITO SHEPPARD, Minnesota Vikings: Solo tackle
RB FRED TAYLOR, New England Patriots: Rush for -3 yards, target
DT GERARD WARREN, New England Patriots: Two tackles (one solo)
WR LOUIS MURPHY, Oakland Raiders: Two receptions for 36 yards (long: 26)
LB BRANDON SILER, San Diego Chargers: Six tackles (one solo, one for loss)
DE RAY MCDONALD, San Francisco 49ers: Three tackles (two solo, one for loss)
FB EARNEST GRAHAM, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Rush for four yards
QB REX GROSSMAN, Washington Redskins: 19/39 for 182 yards, touchdown, interception (QB rating: 60.0); rush for five yards
OFFENSIVE LINEMEN — NO STATISTICS / DID NOT PLAY
C Maurkice Pouncey (Pittsburgh Steelers), G Cooper Carlisle (Raiders) –DT Marcus Thomas (Broncos), WR Riley Cooper (Philadelphia Eagles), DE Jarvis Moss (Raiders)
LB Andra Davis (Bills); LB Jermaine Cunningham, TE Aaron Hernandez, LB Brandon Spikes (Patriots); LT Max Starks (Steelers); RB DeShawn Wynn (49ers)
– Both of Tebow’s touchdowns came in the forth quarter, including his game-winning rushing score with 3:02 left in the game. Denver was down 17-0 at halftime.
– Haden nabbed his fifth interception in the last seven weeks and his sixth of the season to go along with the first forced fumble of his career.
– After being held without a reception in eight of Cincinnati’s first 13 games (due to his spot on the depth chart), Caldwell has caught four balls in each of the last two contests for total gains of 89 and 87 yards, respectively.
– Dunlap has registered at least a partial sack in six of his last seven games. He has now earned eight over the course of his rookie season.
– Though Harvin has played in 13 games (compared to 15 in 2009), he has surpassed his rookie season’s receiving yard total and eclipsed 100 yards for the third time this year. He had one 100-yard receiving game in 2009.