With a new head coach comes a new coaching staff, and the University of Florida decided to dish out some hefty salaries in order to make sure the Florida Gators two coordinator positions under head coach Will Muschamp were filled by experienced, talented coaches for 2011 and beyond.
According to information released by Florida on Friday, offensive coordinator Charlie Weis has signed a three-year, $2.625 million contract with the university. The deal makes the highest-paid assistant coach in school history.
Weis will earn salaries of $765,000 in 2011 and $865,000 in both 2012 and 2013; he also received a $100,000 signing bonus.
A look at the coaching staff’s 2011 salaries compared with their counterparts in 2010:
|2011 Coach||2011 Salary||2010 Coach||2010 Salary|
Tight Ends coach
Asst. Defensive Line
Assistant Head Coach
Contract notes (as of 2010):
– All coaches receive a $10,000 bonus from Florida’s contract with Nike
– All coaches receive a car and other tangible incentives
Universal bonuses (as of 2010):
– BCS National Championship Game appearance – up to 30 percent increase
– Other BCS bowl game appearance – 20 percent increase
– SEC Championship Game appearance – 10 percent increase
– Non-BCS bowl game – 10 percent increase
– Bowl game with less than $2 million payout – one month’s salary increase
The Associated Press, Gainesville Sun, Palm Beach Post, Florida Times-Union and other media outlets obtained the above salary information via an open records request.