With discussions ongoing and no resolution expected until Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest, the athletic departments of the Florida Gators and Idaho Vandals are considering a number of options after the season opening showdown between the teams scheduled for Saturday was delayed and then suspended due to weather.
The primary options being discussed are either rescheduling the game this season or cancelling it outright, declaring it a no contest without a victor.
However, within each of those options are a number of variables that must be considered.
RESCHEDULING THE GAME
The Gators and Vandals both possess an open week on Oct. 25, which would make moving the game to that date a no-brainer, right? Wrong.
The Oct. 25 bye week is immensely important for both programs.