1 » Florida Gators (16-6, 5-3) vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs (16-6, 4-3) Pre-Game:
Location: Stephen C. O’Connell Center – Gainesville, FL [Capacity: 12,000]
Time: 1:30 p.m. (EST) | TV: SEC Network | Online: ESPN360 | Odds: Florida -3, O/U (off)
- Florida leads the all-time series against Mississippi State 56-47; however, the Bulldogs have prevailed in the last two meetings. The Gators are 9-6 against this opponent under head coach Billy Donovan and have not defeated them since Jan. 24, 2007.
- Florida is 10-2 overall and 3-1 in SEC play at home this year; they have won 36 of their last 44 conference games at the O’Dome.
- The Gators are 5-3 in games decided by five points or less compared to 4-6 in such games last season. Florida is 4-1 in the last five contests that were that close. They are also 5-0 in conference play when out-rebounding an opponent
- Florida has hit at least one three-pointer in 600 consecutive games.
-The dynamic backcourt of sophomore point guard Erving Walker and freshman guard Kenny Boynton is averaging 33.4 points and 8.1 assists per game in SEC play this season. The duo has hit 45 of the Gators’ 56 treys in conference action.
- Junior forward Alex Tyus is dominating the front court, averaging 15.5 points and 7.4 rebounds over the last 13 contests. He has hit double figures in 13 straight games, scored 15+ in eight of those 13 and is averaging 20.0 ppg in his last three outings.
- The triumvirate of Walker, Boynton and Tyus are combining for 48.8 of Florida’s 72.2 points per game in SEC play (67.6 percent).
2 » Jeremy Fowler of the Orlando Sentinel took the initiative to seek out the teams that the Gators need to lose in order to help solidify a spot in the 2010 NCAA Tournament.