Rather than write you a long, worthless introduction, just go ahead and make the jump for a ton of recruiting news on the following recruits: Matt Elam, Jeff Luc, Chaz Green, Christian Green, Chris Dunkley, Kardon Boone, James Louis, Cody Riggs, Lamarcus Joyner, Sharrif Floyd and Ronald Powell.
– Yes, five-star safety Matt Elam (West Palm Beach, FL) visited the Florida State Seminoles this past weekend. That is not a rumor. Does that have any affect on his future as a member of the Florida Gators? Not in the least. After a heart-to-heart with head coach Urban Meyer, Elam reaffirmed his commitment to the Gators and should be attending the University of Florida this spring to get a head start on next season.
– Four-star linebacker Jeff Luc (Port St. Lucie, FL) looks to be deciding between Florida and the Tennessee Volunteers. For a long time it was believed that Luc was a heavy Gators lean, but apparently Lane Kiffin and the Vols have made in-roads over the last few weeks. I still expect him to end up at Florida but would not be shocked if he jumped for Knoxville, TN.
– Many expected four-star offensive lineman Chaz Green (Tampa, FL) to have committed to the Gators by now as he has been leaning that way for months. Instead, Green took an official visit to Tennessee and came away impressed. Some state he is leaning that way now, but it’s probably a battle between the two. Green’s teammate of the same last name but no relation, four-star athlete Christian Green, has mentioned the Georgia Bulldogs as his leader though the Gators are still considered the heavy favorite to eventually land his services.
– Wide receiver Chris Dunkley (Pahokee, FL) is a four-star recruit who Florida has coveted for a while. While Dunkley is expected to wind up in the Orange & Blue, he has yet to commit and is being pursued heavily by Tennessee, Georgia and the Alabama Crimson Tide. Dunkley visited the Vols this weekend and liked what he saw. When asked who his leader was, he said he didn’t have one (in the past he had said Florida) but admitted he could end up seeing himself playing in Knoxville.
– Should Dunkley not sign with Florida, the coaching staff may turn up the pressure on four-star WRs Kardon Boone (Ocala, FL) and James Louis (Delray Beach, FL). Boone and Louis are committed to the Texas Tech Red Raiders and Ohio State Buckeyes, respectively, but can both be swayed. Louis originally committed to the Gators, but the staff did not accept it as they are holding out hope to land Dunkley.
– Four-star cornerback Cody Riggs (Fort Lauderdale, FL) is still a heavy Gators lean even after taking visits to Tennessee, Georgia and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. His five-star position-mate Lamarcus Joyner favors the Ohio State over Florida, FSU and Notre Dame.
– Five-star defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd (Philadelphia, PA) is one of the top 10 recruits in the nation and is open to many of the top teams. The Gators are competing with the Buckeyes, Penn State Nittany Lions, South Carolina Gamecocks and North Carolina Tar Heels. Experts believe he will wind up at Florida or Ohio State.
– Last but certainly not least is five-star defensive end Ronald Powell (Moreno Valley, CA). Florida and the USC Trojans are fighting it out for his services. In the end, it may come down to location for Powell (meaning USC would get his commitment), but he has visited Gainesville, FL, on numerous occasions and plans to take another official visit before making a decision. He seems to have a strong relationship with Meyer, too.